About the Committee
The Women Grievance Redressal Committee is constituted at the beginning of every academic year with one of the senior woman faculty as convener. The Committee meets every month to discuss the Welfare Schemes to be implemented for women and girl students. The Committee also meets as and when a Grievance is addressed to it. Efforts are underway to make it more Pro-Active in the system.
To create awareness about the Women Rights and to empower Women.
The college visualizes a future, where women empowerment is no more a goal but a reality. Ensure impartiality in society to women by extending academic, emotional, moral support and justice is the focal point of the vision of the institution.
- Our Mission is to empower women in all spheres of life enabling them to become agents of social and economic change.
- To explore, design and implement ways to bring change in the society and concur to the freedom feminism and Cell shall strive to create a better and just society by empowering women.
- To attain gender-equality in a democratic society, to which end we focus our efforts on promoting the social, educational, and economical development of women and girls.
The primary objectives of the Women Empowerment Cell include (but are not limited to):
- To establish dignity, self-esteem and respect for women without any gender bias in the system.
- Provide an exclusive platform to women employees and girl students to air their grievances either in person or in writing.
- Devise welfare schemes for women employees and girl students.
- Identification of strong leader ship and change makers in building their capacity.
- To promote a culture of respect and equality for female gender.
- Provide opportunities, for empowering womenmentally and emotionally so as to promote their growth as individuals.
- To organize seminars, workshops to impart knowledge of opportunities and tools available and train the women.
- To ensure that girls have the social and technical skills needed for living and working in the modern world and are flexible in their approach to careers.
- To assert the importance of spiritual, economic, social, racial and gender equality.
- To create social awareness about the problems of women and in particular regarding gender discrimination.
- Stamped sexual harassment and to promote general well-being of female students, teaching and non-teaching women staff of the College.
- To provide and maintain a dignified, congenial working environment for women employees and students, where they can work, study and explore their potential to the fullest.
- Motivating them to develop entrepreneurial skills thus making them self-dependent.